The Opole Society of Friends to Sciences
Established at 1955
The Opole Society of Friends to Sciences (Opolskiet Towarzystwo Przyjaciół Nauk) was registered in 1955. Its predecessor was The Committee for Prehistoric Research (Komitet Badań Prehistorycznych) which commenced its activity in Opole in 1947 and was later transformed into The Committee for Scientific Research of Opole Region ()Komitet Badań Naukowych Opolszczyzny) in 1953. The Opole Society of Friends to Sciences supports the development of science in all its domains, in particular within the areas related to the region of Opole Silesia. It represents the scientific community of Opole Region in contacts with the local authorities, social organizations and other scientific associations both at home and abroad. The priority tasks for The Society include: popularization of results of research by Opole-based researchers through organizing lectures, meetings, conferences and carrying out publishing activity.